What is an Explanimation?
A short animated video that explains how a product, scheme or system works. It’s often the best way to explain something quickly and clearly.
What does Explanimation.net provide?
A way to license these explanimations for your website, presentations and sales meetings.
Can I show the videos on my website?
Yes – you can upload the videos to a video hosting site such as Vimeo or Youtube and then use their embed code to show them on your website. You must not make the videos downloadable by third parties.
Can I give copies to my sales team?
Yes – as long as you have a paid license.
Can we have our logo on it?
Yes, all videos will show your logo in the corner.
Do I need my own Video Hosting or Video Streaming?
Yes, you can use a free service such as Vimeo or Youtube
How do I make an order?
- Decide which videos you need
- Buy a Licence
- Send us your Logo
- Once you’ve set up your payment*, we’ll send you a Dropbox link to access your videos.
How much does it cost?
Videos are £300+ per year
When can I have the film?
Videos will be ready within 2 working days. If you have a particular deadline or event, please let us know.
Online – Showing the videos on your website
How do I add a video to my site?
We recommend the free hosting site ‘Vimeo‘ – it’s like YouTube, just without the annoying adverts:
1. Sign Up to an account
2. Upload the video files
3. Select video ‘settings’ and choose the ‘Privacy’ tab – change the privacy settings for the videos as follows:
- Who can watch this video? – select ‘Anyone’
- Where can this video be embedded? select ‘Anywhere’
- What can people do with this video? – Untick the ‘Download the Video’ box
4. Once the video is ready, click on the ‘share’ icon on the right hand side of the video screen (it looks like a paper aeroplane) and copy and paste the embed code into your own website.
Can I show videos on multiple websites?
Can I change the size the videos display at on my website?
Yes, you can change the size by changing the values for “width” and “height” in the Embed Code, for example:
<iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/00000000″ height=”360” width=”640” frameborder=”0″></iframe>
The ratio between width and height is 16:9, and you can use any size you like up to 640 x 360 – for example:
640 x 360
560 x 315
480 x 270
400 x 225
Offline – Showing videos in sales / presentations / training etc
How do I get my files?
Once we’ve prepared your videos (this takes 2 working days max) we’ll send you a link to download your video files.
What sort of files will I get?
The standard file format is MP4, and we provide two sizes – a hi-def version, and a smaller one for playback on older/slower hardware:
• Large (1920×1080)
• Small (640×360)
These can be played with a range of software, such as:
- VLC Player (recommended). Download it free from http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html
- Quicktime Player. Download it free from http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/
- Windows Media Player. Download it free from http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/windows-media-player
What can I do with the video files?
Play them on your computer, laptop, tablet, phone.. whatever. Show them in presentations. Use them for training staff. Have them playing in your showroom.